Hear more about the Alumni Community. Join us on Facebook!
Register today for the 40th Anniversary Alumni Chorus!
40th Anniversary Celebrations!
SLCC alumni of all years are invited to celebrate 40 years of The St. Louis Children’s Choirs! What better way to honor this outstanding organization than to come together as alumni to sing? Our chorus will rehearse on the evening of Friday, May 18, 2018 and sing in the 40th Anniversary Celebration Concert at Powell Hall on Saturday, May 19, 2018 at 7 p.m.
Tentative weekend schedule includes:
* Friday, May 18, 6:30 p.m.: rehearsal with alumni chorus and current singers at Parkway United Church of Christ
* Saturday, May 19, 10:30 a.m.: rehearsal with alumni chorus (required for participation in concert) at Parkway United Church of Christ
* Saturday, May 19, 12 noon: alumni reunion lunch at Parkway United Church of Christ
* Saturday, May 19, 5:30 p.m.: call time at Powell Hall
* Saturday, May 19, 7 p.m.: 40th Anniversary Celebration Concert at Powell Hall (invite your friends and family!)
***Times and locations subject to change.***
We will also have smaller, informal reunion opportunities for singers to get together outside of rehearsal! Stay tuned for details!
Register Online before May 7th – and don’t forget to share with your SLCC friends!
Share YOUR Story!
In honor of the 40th anniversary season of The St. Louis Children’s Choirs, we are proud to launch Memories Made Together, our StoryCorps-style oral history project! We want to celebrate your stories and your memories of your time with this special organization. Singers from all years and eras of the choirs are encouraged to participate!
Follow these easy steps!
- Download the StoryCorps app for your phone or tablet (available on Apple and Google Play) and make a StoryCorps account.
- Find a choir friend, a parent, or other favorite person to have a conversation about SLCC with you for the recorder. Review the questions we’ve prepared – maybe you can add a few of your own. You might also like this guide to interviews.
- Record your interview using the StoryCorps app, a digital recorder, or the recorder app on your phone or tablet. (these tips may prove useful to you!) Talk for 40 minutes or so.
- Share your interview! Take a picture of yourselves for posterity, then upload the interview to the SLCC StoryCorps Community. Email the audio to Abbi for our archives!
If you have any questions at all, please reach out to us. We are excited to have you participate in this exciting new project!
Thanks for your continued support of The St. Louis Children’s Choirs!
Want to get more involved? Consider helping us plan our 40th Anniversary Season alumni gathering ! Email Abbi for more details!