Today on Meet the Staff Monday, we introduce you to Ensemble Assistant Jennifer Franzen.
1. What brought you to SLCC?
A love for teaching children and some encouragement from my college professors. They knew I would love working with SLCC. (And they were right!)
2. What is your earliest musical memory?
When I was 2 years old my big sister went off to Kindergarten. As my mom and I sat on the curb watching the bus pull away I made up a song about her going to school. “Where is Becca? Where is Becca? Schoo, schoo, schoo…. Schoo, schoo, schoo…”
3. Is there a book or story that influenced your life or is your favorite?
Not one in particular…but I love to read!
4. Which animated/Disney movie can you watch over and over again?
Tangled. The scene with Rapunzel, Flynn, and the floating lanterns is just dreamy!
5. Tell us about one of your hobbies outside of music.
I love painting canvases to give to my friends.
6. It’s time for breakfast… what is on your plate?
Fried eggs over easy and a blueberry muffin! Orange juice for some Vitamin C and a coffee to-go.
7. Where have you travelled?
The coolest places I have been are Hawaii and Colorado. I am mesmerized by beautiful scenery.
8. What is your current occupation outside of the Choirs?
I am student teaching and will graduate from Lindenwood University in December 2016. After that I will be pursuing an elementary music position.