Position: Choir Manager
Reports to: Artistic Director/CEO,12-month, full-time, non-exempt
Use ingenuity, accuracy, and professionalism to provide excellent operational support for the Children’s Choirs’ dynamic artistic and educational programming. Be a joyful, vital contributor to the positive environment expressed in all the activities of the Choirs. The mission of The St. Louis Children’s Choirs is “shaping young lives through musical excellence.”
- Manage Choir functions to carry out the schedule of events.
- Coordinate production details for all choir rehearsals, performances, and special events.
- Organize the activity schedule and hire and supervise ensemble assistants
- Inform Choir members, families, and staff of activities.
- Plan and coordinate in-school performances
- Handle logistics for advanced ensembles touring nationally and internationally.
- Maintain a professional office atmosphere and excel in anticipating needs for artistic staff.
- Work effectively as a team member to develop positive strategies to fulfill our mission.
- Bachelor’s degree; bachelor’s degree in music or music-related field preferred
- Prior administrative experience; specifically in education, youth programming, or the arts
- Strong functional knowledge of concert or event planning
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; proven organizational skills
- Fully proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook); Finale (music notation) a plus
- Conscientious work ethic, accuracy, thoroughness, order, and efficiency
- Attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Able to respond positively and professionally to any situation
- Basic audio editing and knowledge of video recording and Zoom technology
- Able to work evening and weekend responsibilities for concerts, auditions, and special events
- Travel may be required for national and international concert tours
The above description indicates the general nature and level of work performed in this position. It does not contain a comprehensive list of all responsibilities, duties, and qualifications required.
The St. Louis Children’s Choirs is an Equal Opportunity Employer