The description below indicates the general nature and level of work performed in this position. It does not contain a comprehensive list of all responsibilities, duties, and qualifications required.
Join the Choirs to help build a strong base of individual, corporate, and government funders energized about having a positive impact in the lives of young people. We serve families throughout the St. Louis area with a focus on character development and artistic excellence through choral music education. The mission of The St. Louis Children’s Choirs is “shaping young lives through musical excellence.”
- Build relationships with our wonderful donors; keep them informed and excited about our mission
- Serve as primary contact for all development-related communications; liaison to various constituents such as alumni, board, funders, out-sourced professionals, etc.
- Collaborate with others to prepare financial, audience, and community date for use in grant reporting and proposal preparation
- Maintain an organized system of tracking all development-related activities
- Assist with special projects and performance events
- Bachelor's degree or related experience; 3 - 5 years development experience required
- Experience in the performing arts is preferred
- Personable, well-spoken; able to interact comfortably with donors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; proven organizational skills
- A sincere interest in working with an organization whose program focuses on children
- Available to work some evening and weekend hours during performance season