Work with SLCC
Position: Marketing Coordinator
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Status: Non-exempt, 12 months, full time, 40 hours per week
Our mission is “shaping young lives through musical excellence.” This position will create professional high-quality print, audio and other media products that promote the vitality, value and visibility of choral music education. As a valued member of a highly professional team dedicated to promoting character education through music, you will be responsible for the production and coordination of all digital, print, audio and video marketing media, social media, and website presence. We are looking for someone who can share our vision of “a world united by young artists who love music and each other.”
- Primary liaison for all outside creative vendors.
- Coordinate layout, design, content, and production of all collateral work including concert programs, audition and camp flyers, brochures, slide shows, video clips, etc.
- Create and manage social media postings and website updates.
- Maintain digital photo, video, and audio archives.
- Coordinates the public relations, promotion, and positive brand recognition of the Choirs.
- Prepare marketing reports and attend all board Marketing Committee meetings.
- Help prepare marketing and advertising strategies, plans and objectives.
- Implement marketing and advertising campaigns; maintain marketing related calendars.
- Assist with events including auditions, camps, dress rehearsals, concerts, tours, workshops, parent orientation meetings, etc.
- Knowledge of graphic design and marketing, social media and publicity, advertising
- Consistently punctual and orderly; demonstrates attention to detail and an ability to prioritize
- Recognizes and respects the rights of students as established by local, state, and federal law; acts as a mandated reporter if abuse or neglect is suspected or disclosed.
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience, prior marketing experience preferred
- Highly detailed creative thinker; excellent verbal and written skills; proven organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, plus familiarity with website and graphic design programs such as InDesign, Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, Canva, WordPress, Mailchimp, and Hootsuite; social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- A sincere interest in working with a performance-based program focused on children
- Available to work some evening and weekend hours during performance and audition season
To apply, send cover letter, resume, references, and one sample of writing or design work to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing Marketing Coordinator in the subject line. PDF files preferred. Position open until filled.
Young Men’s Chorus Director
Position: Young Men’s Chorus (changed voices/middle through high school)
Reports to: Artistic Director
Status: Part time – 1 rehearsal, 120 minutes per week
Conduct, teach, and direct a young men’s choir ensemble from late-August through mid-May. Uphold the Choir’s artistic integrity and character education program. Demonstrate mastery of diverse musical styles and repertoire for young men’s voices. Instill a love for music and a desire for artistic excellence.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
□ Provide musical leadership and a supportive atmosphere in conducting weekly rehearsals
□ Teach music reading classes – 30 minutes per week immediately before rehearsals
□ Choose yearly repertoire with appropriate levels of challenge
□ Conduct concerts and special events as scheduled for The St. Louis Children’s Choirs
□ Conduct and care for the education of young artists in the Choirs nurturing qualities of excellence, respect, commitment, discipline, promptness, precision, teamwork, and the joy of making music together.
□ Encourage an atmosphere that is inclusive and enables each student to understand his importance as a vital part of this musical community.
• Bachelor’s degree in vocal music, music education, or choral conducting; Master’s degree preferred
• A sincere interest, enthusiasm and love for working with young people
• Demonstrated experience and understanding of the benefits of a performance-based choral education program
Please email resume and three references with contact information to: Barbara Berner, Artistic Director
Position open until filled