Today, we introduce you to Ensemble Assistant (and SLCC Alum!) Olivia Leek.
1. What brought you to SLCC?
I joined SLCC a little over 7 years ago as a student. My aunt knew of the Choirs and told my parents about them. At first, I was hesitant about joining, but my parents encouraged me to do it and I have not regretted that decision!
2. What is your earliest musical memory?
One of my earliest musical memories took place when I was about 5 years old. I sang a solo for a Mother/Daughter Tea Party at the church my family and I attended when we lived in Wisconsin. It was going pretty well until I mixed up the words toward the end of the song, hesitating momentarily. Fortunately, I remembered the rest of the words and finished the song like a real performer! The audience loved it!
3. Is there a book or story that is your favorite?
One of my favorite book series is the Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis.
4. Which animated/Disney movie can you watch over and over again?
One of my favorites is the Disney, live action Cinderella; I love her ball dress!
5. Tell us about one of your hobbies outside of music.
Something that I enjoy doing with my family is watching old movies from the late 1930s to the early 1960s.
6. Where have you traveled? Was it with a choir or band?
I have been to Arizona, South Dakota, Louisiana, Florida, and lived in Wisconsin. I also went to New York City with SLCC in the summer of 2013.
7. What is your current occupation outside of the Choirs?
I am a full-time college freshman at Missouri Baptist University, majoring in Music Performance. I also work part time at Club Fitness as a front desk receptionist.